Sensemakers and The Things Network Amsterdam join forces and co-organize an event about LoRaWAN.
What to expect:
– Presentation from Johan Stokking, co-founder and tech-lead of The Things Network
– LoRaWAN deep dive through QnA
– Getting started/going pro with The Things Network workshop
This event is for both beginners and experts. For beginners who like to start working with TTN & LoRaWAN, we’re preparing a hands-on workshop, we will bring some hardware to play with.
Great to see so many of you have RSVP for the TTN LoRaWan deep dive and beginnersworkshop on Jan.16th. To prepare the event we would like to have some information about your level and interest. We will distinguish 3 levels:
– complete beginners, you’ve never worked with Arduino, never heard of sketches and libraries. You bring your own laptop. Johan & Laurens from The Things Network (TTN) will bring along several “The Things Uno”-boards for you to start with. You’ll learn to uplink/downlink and getting a sensor to trigger for exampleg a text message via “IF This Than That”.
– Starters who already have done something with Arduino and maybe also have an idea for a future project. You bring your own laptop (and board if you want to work with your own). Gijs, Ted & Paola from Sensemakers will have smaller boards available (with wifi/lowpower & sleepmode) for you to work with. You’ll learn to configure the board get the sensor working and visualise the data in AllThingsTalk.
– Experienced users: we assume you’ll bring your own stuff. You like to learn more (deep dive) and/or are experiencing some problems you like to discuss.
Could you please let us know the level you have? Then we know how many boards to bring!
For 1 and 2; a week before the meetup we’ll send you some links to pre-install the necessary software on your laptop and create an account at TTN. The event is for free, If you want you can buy a board to take home after the workshop!
Hope to hear from you, thanks in advance, Laurens, Johan, Ted, Paola, Gijs & Manon
Share your questions with us. You can send them here on meetup in a dm to Paola, Gijs, Ted and/or Lauens!
Every 3th Wednesday of the month we have lectures, discussions about IoT-related subjects.
Doors open at 18.00 for networking & discussing/showing projects.
Presentations usually start at 19h & end around 20.30.
During or meetups we talk and do Internet-of-Things, Sensors, Arduino, RaspPi, electronics and more. Ranging from projects (Air Quality Egg, Open Thermostat, waterbuoy), presentations (IoT& Blockchain, Security, AI etc), events and just getting together to talk. Everybody is welcome: Technical, non-technical or just interested.
In addition, we want to bring in speakers for each event, who can share their thoughts, experiences and/or wisdom. So if you know someone, let us know.
or join us on Slack by providing us your emailadress.