“Recent Advancements of Joint-Industry-Projects in Offshore Wind”
Being an applied research institute on topics related to water, soil and infrastructure, Deltares is very active in joint-industry-projects and specialist consultancy in offshore wind. Several specialists will update you on the state-of-the-art regarding pile installation techniques and their effect on the geotechnical bearing capacity, morphodynamic predictions of future seabed levels, scour mitigation strategies, breaking wave impacts, metocean forecasting for operation & maintenance activities and nature-inclusive designs of offshore wind farms. Before the lectures there is the opportunity to join a guided tour along Deltares’ hydraulic and geotechnical laboratory facilities.
* Sandwiches beforehand and drinks afterwards are offered with the compliments of Deltares.
* Registration for KIVI members opens at 16 March 2019.
* For non-members -if seats are still available- registration opens at 9 May 2019.
* Until 14 May you can indicate with your registration if reserving sandwiches is necessary for you.
* After 14 May there may be a possibility to registrate -if not fully booked- but no sandwiches will be reserved for you. You will expected by 19.00h then.
Tim Raaijmakers (Specialist Scour & Scour Mitigation (& Programme Manager Offshore Renewable Energy), Niels Jacobsen (Specialist Fluid Structure Interaction), Ahmed Elkadi (Specialist Soil Structure Interaction) and Jan Joost Schouten (Specialist Metocean Conditions)
Boussinesqweg 1, 2629 HD Delft