AI x Future: Prosperity or destruction?
After an introduction to Effective Altruism, we will take on the topic of Artificial Intelligence (AI). From 19-21 we will have a presentation, followed by a guided discussion. Will it bring endless prosperity or eternal doom?
Through an Effective Altruism (EA) lens, we will discuss risk, challenges, and possibilities. No previous experience with EA is necessary (or with AI). Below are some resources you can, however, dive into!
Wednesday 19 March,[masked], V2_ (Eendrachtsstraat 10)
– https://www.ted.com/talks/sam_harris_can_we_build_ai_without_losing_control_over_it (Sam Harris on dangers of AI)
– https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_finkel_can_you_solve_the_rogue_ai_riddle(TED-Ed video on rogue AI)
– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcdVC4e6EV4 (Numberphile video(s) on AI, highly recommended)
– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB1OvoCNnWY (ditto, AI safety)
– Superintelligence, Nick Bostrom
– Our Final Invention – James Barrat
– Life 3.0 – Max Tegmark
– The Singularity Is Near – Ray Kurzweil
V2_ Institute for the Unstable Media
Eendrachtsstraat 10 · Rotterdam